- Locate convenient, well-lighted, frequently used bus stops, train stations and taxicab stands.
- Check public transportation schedules in advance, especially if traveling at odd hours.
- Do not wait alone at a bus stop, train station or taxicab stand.
- Know where you are going and how to get back.
- When you board a bus sit near the driver.
- If you are verbally or physically harassed report the incident to the bus driver or conductor immediately.
- Be alert to who gets off the bus or train with you.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel you are being followed, inform other passengers getting off with you or walk to a place where there are other people for assistance. Report the incident to the MPD as soon as possible.