- Do not give your telephone number to wrong telephone number callers. Ask the caller, "What telephone number are you calling?"
- Check references of any person calling seeking information about you for a survey, credit check or subscription drive. Call the agency or company the person works for and verify the identity and intent of the telephone call.
- Never reveal to a stranger or wrong telephone number caller, your address or that you are home alone.
- If you receive a threatening, harassing or obscene telephone call, notify the MPD and your telephone company.
- Place the receiver down immediately. Do not say anything.
- Keep a record of the date, time and the content of each telephone call, including the number from caller ID or *69.