Open Burning is allowed January 15 - May 1 from 10:00 - 4:00. All fires must be extinguished at 4:00.
A permit is required from the Millis Fire Department.
1. Call the Millis Fire Department on the day you wish to burn at 376-2361, no daily permits will be issued after 2p.
2. Burning of Stumps, Leaves, Fields, Rubbish or building materials is not permitted, the use of Gasoline is prohibited.
3. Burning must be at least 75 feet from any building.
4. A garden hose, rake, shovel or pressurized water extinguisher must be available for control of the fire.
5. Keep brush piles to a small, manageable size.
6. Someone must attend and control of the fire until it is completely extinguished.
ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE ABOVE REGULATIONS COULD RESULT IN YOUR BURNING PERMIT BEING REVOKED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE OPEN BURNING SEASON.
A burning permit does not release a party from liability for damage or extend any right to create a nuisance condition due to excess or drifting smoke.